Sunday, September 13, 2015

Color

I've never liked crayons
Even as a little kid I hated using them
They were always inconsistent
Never stayed sharp

First grade: my mother asked me what I needed for school and I gave her a list of things. Number one on that list was crayons

Second grade: I tried to avoid the inevitable and get colored pencils, then my teacher told me I had to get crayons

Third grade: "finally the year without crayons I know it!" My dreams were crushed in just a few short days

Fourth grade: I was rid of my stupid crayons once and for all

Fifth grade: nobody has crayons anymore and everyone moved to colored pencils

Sixth grade: for some reason erasable pens were a thing?

7th-9th grade: why does nobody have any crayons anymore?

Tenth grade: I miss my crayons

Eleventh grade: I want them back, they still suck they are still the worst writing utensil ever, but there is more to them than just that.

Twelfth grade: I'm pissed! how could I have gone all those years without crayons?!? There is so much more I could have done with them!! I hated them at the time but looking back still want them.

25 years old: it's too late now, my crayons are gone and I've lost all hope of finding them I didn't want them all this time. Now that they are completely gone I wish I would have never let them go.

1 comment: